ixgbe rx & tx locks

Vijay Singh vijju.singh at gmail.com
Wed Sep 26 20:14:19 UTC 2012

> Jack, I am wondering if this could be avoided if we can avoid to
> enqueue the task OR re-enable interrupts if the other one is already
> scheduled. Is this possible?

It seems to me that ixgbe_handle_que() should only be doing
ixgbe_rxeof(). When ever mq_start() is unable to send, it enqueues the
new txq_task. Also, this is checked periodically from the timer
function as well. I will try an experiment to evaluate only more_rx in
ixgbe_msix_que() and change ixgbe_handle_que() to do rx processing
only. I will report back findings.

Meanwhile it its immediately obvious to anyone what this will break,
please let me know.

-vijay