ports/124825: tcpdump/print-pfsync feature request submitted to tcpdump on sourceforge

Kurt Jaeger pi at opsec.eu
Sun Sep 2 16:57:01 UTC 2012

Hi!

> I added some pointer to your PR at:
>
> https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=469576&aid=3467532&group_id=53066

The answer to that pointer was from
http://sourceforge.net/users/guy_harris/

--------
I, at least, have no plan to include anything that requires that, in order
to build tcpdump, a -I flag that points to a header file that's internal to
some project's source tree rather than being installed under /usr/include.

Unfortunately, both packet-pfsync.c and pf_print_state.c, in both that
patch and in OpenBSD, will build only if the include path includes the
source directory for the pfctl command, so I'm not going to do any more
work on this until at least one OS makes all the required include files
public headers installed in /usr/include or a directory under that.
--------

So, if /usr/src/sbin/pfctl/Makefile would install pfctl.h and
pfctl_parser.h into /usr/include/net, the tcpdump people would
include print-pfsync.c.

Any chance for this ?

--
pi at opsec.eu            +49 171 3101372                         8 years to go !