[CFT] ipfw SMP-ready dynamic states

Alexander V. Chernikov melifaro at FreeBSD.org
Mon Nov 26 22:31:03 UTC 2012

On 14.11.2012 19:47, Gleb Smirnoff wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 13, 2012 at 11:28:23PM +0400, Alexander V. Chernikov wrote:
> A>  So, we can do the following:
> A>  1) lock increments/decrements via some separate mutex
> A>  2) do nothing
> A>  3) take some combined approach:
>
> 4) Take it via uma_zone_getcur(ipfw_dyn_rule_zone);
It acquired zone lock to collect per-cpu item data, but
uma_zone_set_max() did the trick.

Patch updated:
* UMA zone is now allocated per-VNET instance
* dyn_max limits is now enforced by UMA code
* some (serious) bugs removed from limiting code

If there are no objections, I plan to commit this patch to base on Thursday.