kern/173309: [tcp] TCP connections often prematurely closed by the server side after r242262 [regression]

Fabian Keil freebsd-listen at fabiankeil.de
Mon Nov 5 12:59:40 UTC 2012

Andre Oppermann <andre at freebsd.org> wrote:

> On 05.11.2012 11:09, Fabian Keil wrote:
> > Andre Oppermann <andre at freebsd.org> wrote:
> >
> >> I've backed out the change with r242601 as it exhibits still too
> >> many problems.  I'll fix these problems in the next days but in
> >> the mean time HEAD should be in a working state.
> >>
> >> I'll be grateful if I could send you the fixed change for testing
> >> before it goes into HEAD again.
> >
> > Sure.
>
> Thanks.  Can you please confirm that HEAD after the backout is behaving
> as it should again?

The cvsup mirrors don't seem to carry r242601 yet, so I just
applied the r242601 diff that went to svn-src-all@ on top of
whatever my cvsup mirror carries.

I let curl request the 90000k file ~1000 times directly from gatling,
~1000 times from gatling using Privoxy as proxy and additionally
executed ~900 Privoxy regression tests (which rely on TCP/IP and fail
in case of incomplete transfers).

Everything seems to behave like it should again.

Fabian