mpd5/Netgraph issues after upgrading to 7.4

Bjoern A. Zeeb bzeeb-lists at lists.zabbadoz.net
Mon Jul 16 00:13:10 UTC 2012

On 15. Jul 2012, at 20:54 , Mike Tancsa wrote:

> On 7/10/2012 2:24 AM, Przemyslaw Frasunek wrote:
>>> It seems, Przemyslaw Frasunek uses proxyarp?
>>> I have no such problems but I do not use proxyarp.
>>> Could you get rid of it, Przemyslaw?
>>
>> No, I don't use proxy ARP. I have about 300 PPPoE ng interfaces and 10 VLANs
>> with plain IP traffic. ARP table has only < 50 entries, all of them are dynamic.
>
> I had a new one. Unfortunately, it did not generate a coredump file for
> some reason.  Kernel was from ~ mid Feb
>
> Fatal trap 9: general protection fault while in kernel mode
> cpuid = 1; apic id = 02
> Uptime: 151d12h10m10s
> ipfw: 11 Deny TCP 192.168.1.99:33822 208.47.254.32:80 in via ng471
> Dumping 883 out of 8145 MB:ipfw: 13 Deny UDP 64.7.157.21:512
> 192.168.254.46:137 in via ng21
> panic: bufwrite: buffer is not busy???
> cpuid = 1
> Uptime: 151d12h10m10s

Hmm this one means we didn't stop all CPUs properly on panic;  I think that
was fixed since?  At least it's the reason you didn't have a chance to get
the core dump.

However of course the initial problem leading to the panic of course
is its own issue still.

   It does not matter how good you are. It matters what good you do!