message from sctp getsockopt or sctp_opt_info show error

Michael Tüxen Michael.Tuexen at lurchi.franken.de
Mon Sep 26 20:49:33 UTC 2011

On Sep 26, 2011, at 4:23 PM, jyl_2006 wrote:

> OK ,In Ubuntu, I use getsockopt to get sctp_status with lksctp tarball, the
> result show me that only sender get the correct value about cwnd , the
> receive's cwnd keep the same value.
cwnd does not change when you don't send anything. Also, cwnd is a local
variable only available at the sender side. It is not put on the wire.

> Second time, I use Ubuntu as sender and use FreeBSD 9.0 as receiver, and I
> does not set any system parameters by using command sysctl.
>
> Both the receiver and sender set
> subscribe.sctp_data_io_event = 1;
> subscribe.sctp_association_event = 1;
>
> The result same with the first time.
>
> So , does something I did wrong or steps I missed?
I'm having a hard time to understand:
* What you are observing
* What you are expecting
* What is the difference between the observed and the expected results.

Please be very specific on the three points.

Best regards
Michael