em/igb multiqueue support

Eugene Grosbein egrosbein at rdtc.ru
Sat Sep 24 20:53:28 UTC 2011

25.09.2011 03:09, Rafael Ganascim пишет:
> Hi,
>
> I think that this is an old question....
>
> I think that Intel 82575 (and another models) hardware are capable of
> multiple queues both on the receive and the send side. Is it right?
> Currently the processing of packets is limited to one CPU per NIC.
>
> Can we have multiple taskq processes for one NIC in parallel? Is
> anyone working on this right now, and if not does this sound like
> something
> anyone is interested in doing? (yes, I know the Yandex driver).

It works for me with 82576 (don't have 82575 to test) and 8.2

You should know, however, there are many requirements for multiple queues to work:
you need MSI-X capable motherboard, your traffic needs to be TCP/UDP inside plain IP.
No load distribution for PPPoE/GRE/etc. in this hardware (blame Microsoft RSS specs).

Eugene Grosbein