Subject: ethernet Q-in-Q ?

Ivan Alexandrovich ivsan at ngs.ru
Thu Sep 1 03:46:05 UTC 2011

Hi

Here's ugly patch against in 8.2-RELEASE (see attachment) that
makes vlan nesting possible.

  # ifconfig em0.15 create
  # ifconfig em0.15.18 create

Don't know about possible side effects though.
I suppose it doesn't play well wth bridges etc.

With ng_vlan nesting is also possible, but since 8.0
I had to comment out this node name check in ng_ether.c:

      if ((node = ng_name2noderef(NULL, ifp->if_xname)) != NULL) {
              NG_NODE_UNREF(node);
              return;

Best regards,
Ivan