igb(4) won't start with "igb0: Could not setup receive structures"

Andrey Zonov andrey at zonov.org
Wed Mar 30 05:58:16 UTC 2011

Hi,

9k jumbos is ubiquitous now. I believe we use 9k jumbos for last four
years or more.
You've got unworkable system after upgrade from 8.1 to 8.2 and
documentation doesn't help here. It isn't a good way is made driver (or
system) which doesn't work with jumbo by default.

My point is if you're using machine with 8 CPUs than
maxusers/clusters/9k mbufs should have been increased by system, because
on this machine minimum 2Gb memory is available.

--
Andrey Zonov

30.03.2011 1:55, Jack Vogel ?????: