RESOLVED: Re: 8.1 Box does not react on ICMP "unreachable - need to frag"

Axel Rau Axel.Rau at Chaos1.DE
Tue Jan 18 12:23:57 UTC 2011

Am 18.01.2011 um 11:00 schrieb Axel Rau:

> The DB server returns its query results successfully until an
> oversized message is being sent (with "DF" set), which the GW2
> refuses with an ICMP "unreachable - need to frag (mtu 1492)
I could convince the firewall to defragment the packet itself. (-;
This was a pf issue (I mixed up option "set reassemble" and filteropt
"fragment").

I'm still looking for an answer to question 1:
> 1. Shouldn't DB2 fragment and resend the packet?

Thanks, Axel
---
axel.rau at chaos1.de  PGP-Key:29E99DD6  +49 151 2300 9283  computing @
chaos claudius