Juniper e3k with ports limitied to 100Mbit and re NICs on MSI MoBo: problems with duplex negotiation (Hetzner host provider discard FreeBSD support due this bug)

Lev Serebryakov lev at serebryakov.spb.ru
Tue Jan 11 19:50:52 UTC 2011

Hello, Artyom.
You wrote 11 января 2011 г., 22:39:33:

>>    link partner: 100baseTx-HD
> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> Looks very strange for me... 'HD' means half-duplex?
  Yep, I've noticed that too...

> May be linux driver defaults to full-duplex if autoneg fails?..
  Or disabled... And it works -- very strange. And FreeBSD uses
  half-duplex even with given "media-opt" and network is dramatically
  slow -- NFS from DC-local server is about 150KiB/s (from FreeBSD
  installer).

--
// Black Lion AKA Lev Serebryakov <lev at serebryakov.spb.ru>