Broadcom BCM57765 support?

Paul Thornton prt at prt.org
Sat Apr 23 15:29:19 UTC 2011

Hi,

Good news - I have success!

On 20/04/2011 18:18, YongHyeon PYUN wrote:
> Ok, that would indicate there is an interrupt delivery issue if all
> others changes(including Marius' patch) are correct. Because there
> is no publicly available data sheet for BCM57765 yet I'm not sure
> what is real difference between BCM5717 and BCM57765. However I
> guess they require similar hardware configuration. Both BCM5717 and
> BCM57765 will use tagged status feature of controller if MSI is
> available. And NVIDIA bridge controller is known to have MSI issues
> for a long time in FreeBSD. Please check whether you received any
> interrupts for bge(4) with vmstat(8). If you see no interrupt from
> the output, either try disabling MSI or apply r219737 and r219740
> and see whether that makes any difference.

The problem is definitely with the interrupts.  I saw nothing for bge in
vmstat with MSI enabled.

Rebooting with MSI disabled and all works well so far - I haven't done a
lot of testing yet, but it has been operating with pings / file
transfers for over 1 hour now without problems.

Apologies for asking such a basic question, but I've typically
downloaded latest sources etc. from HEAD via cvsweb in the past when I
needed them.
How do I locate the r219737 and r219740 changes on their own to try them
out with MSI enabled?  I'm guessing I'll need to cvsup the relevant
sources but I can't see how to find out what I need.

Thanks,

Paul.