Observations from an old timer playing with 64 bit numbers...

Randall Stewart rrs at lakerest.net
Thu Jun 24 12:19:39 UTC 2010

Bob:

Thats strange... when I do

man byteorder

(on my FreeBSD 8.0 system upgraded to head .. buildworld/installworld/
et.al)

I get the same man age showing for both

man ntohl

and

man byteorder

This may just be a problem with my system.. I will check the other
8.0 installed systems at work when I get in this AM.

I think what's needed here is some hint inside the man ntohl
that for 64 bit quantities should use be64toh/htobe64 and a
reference to that man page..