vpn trouble

David DeSimone fox at verio.net
Tue Jun 22 18:22:46 UTC 2010

Maciej Suszko <maciej at suszko.eu> wrote:

> > So as you write they should set: ??
> > 10.20.0.1 (my ip on gif device) <-> 78.x <-> 95.x <-> 10.10.1.90
> > (other side)
>
> Yes, indeed.
>
> > And additionaly I thing I should correct set spd policy to:
> >
> > spdadd 10.20.0.1 10.10.1.90 any -P out ipsec
> > esp/tunnel/78.x.x.x-95.x.x.x/require;
> > spdadd 10.10.1.90 10.20.0.1 any -P in ipsec
> > esp/tunnel/95.x.x.x-78.x.x.x/require;
> >
> > Am I wrong?
>
> No, you're right :)
>
> You can set up the tunnel first - check whether both 10. are accessible
> from both sides, then you "cover" communication between them with IPSEC.

Will this sort of GIF tunnel interoperate with Cisco and/or Checkpoint
VPN equipment?  In our tests we were able to use pure IPSEC tunnel
encapsulation to interoperate with these sorts of devices, so we never
found a need for GIF encapsulation.

David DeSimone == Network Admin == fox at verio.net
  "I don't like spinach, and I'm glad I don't, because if I
   liked it I'd eat it, and I just hate it." -- Clarence Darrow

This email message is intended for the use of the person to whom it has been sent, and may contain information that is confidential or legally protected. If you are not the intended recipient or have received this message in error, you are not authorized to copy, distribute, or otherwise use this message or its attachments. Please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and permanently delete this message and any attachments. Verio, Inc. makes no warranty that this email is error or virus free.  Thank you.