vpn trouble

VANHULLEBUS Yvan vanhu at FreeBSD.org
Tue Jun 22 15:35:44 UTC 2010

On Tue, Jun 22, 2010 at 05:11:58PM +0200, ralf at dzie-ciuch.pl wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Thanks for help
>
> I new on it and I never use VPN, only I have to do it.
> Please tell me how to check peer's log? I dont know how to check it?

If that's really a firewall-1 as said in comments, I just don't
know....

> Have I change my racoon.conf exchange to aggressive, main?

To just have it work, looks like you should just set "aggressive"
(stilla according to the comment in your configuration !!!).

To have a correct setup with a correct security level, you should
change peer's configuration to use main mode, and just keep "main" as
exchange_mode in racoon's conf !

> I forgot send last time - on the other side is cisco router, maybe this is
> important

Ok, so this is not a firewall-1, but I still don't know how to get the
configuration or how to get logs......

Yvan.