Dual-rate transceivers with ixgbe?

Alexander Sack pisymbol at gmail.com
Fri Jun 18 04:02:53 UTC 2010

On Thu, Jun 17, 2010 at 2:29 PM, Jack Vogel <jfvogel at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have been working on this this morning, and I have a way of doing the same
> thing
> you do with ethtool on Linux, I should have something in HEAD shortly. This
> will
> let you "force" the advertisement of the link to 1G only.

Jack,

I am not sure if you want me to share!  :)

I have something that works with my 1G SFP (Finisar) which isnt
supported but works 100% of all my 1G SFPs.  The problem is that the
driver assumes AN in a lot of spots even when connected to a passive
tap because if you have a multispeed fiber, negotion is always TRUE!
:(

I guess my question is for the 1G only, I assume you turn AN off to
make this go (that seems to always work).

Thanks!

-aps

PS I know, I know, 1G AN sucks....btw, thanks Jack for being
responsive to all of this stuff...