Dual-rate transceivers with ixgbe?

Alexander Sack pisymbol at gmail.com
Thu Jun 17 10:16:43 UTC 2010

On Wed, Jun 16, 2010 at 8:14 PM, Jack Vogel <jfvogel at gmail.com> wrote:
> You cannot force the link speed, but my validation engineer just checked the
> current driver and it links down to 1G just fine,  but you cannot do it
> manually,
> it is only negotiated.
>
> I am going to look at the code to add the manual control.

Thanks Jack!  The problem is that right now the card is connected to a
passive tap and there is no AN.  When I do ifconfig ix0 down &&
ifconfig ix0 up, the multispeed fiber logic goes into action but a
link never happens (it does for 10G but there is no AN on 10G so this
is expected).   (I tried various settings for LMS bits in AUTOC but I
could not get a link - the datasheet is very vague - actually come to
think of it, I dont think I tried setting it to 0 which is 1G which
maybe the trick)

-aps