Dual-rate transceivers with ixgbe?

Jack Vogel jfvogel at gmail.com
Thu Jun 10 17:58:42 UTC 2010

I believe I've explained this once before. The limitation code is put in
explicitly
because its what we support and all we support, we know that some hardware
out there will not work, some may.

If you buy the hardware you would be wise to make sure you get what's
supported,
but please don't ask me how to hack around it or what it means when you have
problems when you do.   In the first place I dont have the time, second, I
do not
have the hardware or means to test that, and finally I need to abide by what
my
management tells me...  you do all want me to keep my job yes? :)

Cheers,

Jack