bce+lagg

David Christensen davidch at broadcom.com
Mon Jun 7 18:59:54 UTC 2010

> If I configure the cards individually, I can reach other devices on the
> network. When I enable link aggregation, I can ping the hosts IP
> address,
> but I cannot ping its gateway.

I haven't played with lagg on bce(4) so I definitely haven't tested this.
Can you dump the hardware statistics before/after the test
("sysctl -a | grep bce") and "diff" them to see which statistics have
changed?  Seems like it might be an RX filtering problem where the NIC
drops frames unexpectedly.  Does a trace on the GW show that if receives
the ICMP echo requests and sends out the responses?

Dave