Routing problems on VPN servers running FreeBSD 8.0-RELEASE

Brett Glass brett at lariat.net
Wed Feb 3 04:57:06 UTC 2010

Qing:

Unfortunately, I am heading to Washington DC tomorrow to speak with
the FCC and ask it not to regulate ISPs out of business. But when I
return, I will certainly test it and help you fix whatever is still
broken. The problems seem to be that (a) proxy ARP doesn't get set
up in either the ARP table or the routing table, and (b) the PPP
daemon can't create or destroy many of the routes that the
connections need to work.

I can't believe that a version of a major operating system shipped
without the ability to do PPP, but apparently that's the case!

--Brett Glass