funny ECMP

Bjoern A. Zeeb bzeeb-lists at lists.zabbadoz.net
Tue Aug 24 21:00:09 UTC 2010

On Tue, 24 Aug 2010, Ingo Flaschberger wrote:

Hey,

>>> in arp-lookup code, the lowest weight + without gateway should be
>>> choosen.
>>
>>  Sure, but such a configuration did not make much sense.
>
> when the in_lltable_lookup code tries to lookup the arp entry, the
> rtalloc_mpath_fib already has choosen that this packet should go the direkt
> way. So also in_lltable_rtcheck should return the direkt was route.

I looked at some similar problem for someone end of April and the
crude workaround was to disable (#if 0) the following code in
in_lltable_lookup():

#if 0
   if (!(flags & LLE_IFADDR) &&
       in_lltable_rtcheck(ifp, flags, l3addr) != 0)
           goto done;
#endif

I had since defered looking at fixing this but finding this thread I
thought I'd just let you know.

/bz

--
Bjoern A. Zeeb                       This signature is about you not me.