Deleting a TAP interface

Bruce Simpson bms at incunabulum.net
Wed May 20 23:37:06 UTC 2009

Asheesh Jadav wrote:
> Hi,
>
>   I'm able to create the TAP interface, lets say with name 'test', and bring
> it up, but when I try deleting it using
>
> ioctl(fd, TUNSETPERSIST, 0)

It sounds from your interface name as though you are using a Linux
system, and I can't find this ioctl documented anywhere on FreeBSD:
%%%
tack:/usr/src/sys/net % grep -Hr TUNSETPERSIST .
Exit 1
tack:/usr/src/sys/compat % grep -Hr TUNSETPERSIST .
Exit 1
%%%

Perhaps try a Linux development forum who will be better able to assist
you? In FreeBSD, tap/tun interfaces are cloners, and can be
created/destroyed using the usual cloneable interface mechanisms.

thanks,
BMS