Signal sensitivity problem with if_rum

Paul B. Mahol onemda at gmail.com
Sat May 2 13:17:36 UTC 2009

On 5/2/09, Gustau Perez <gperez at entel.upc.edu> wrote:

>>>   Any idea if is there anything to change/tune ?
>>>

>> There is not just bbp17 to tune there are probably others much more
>> important
>> registers.
>>
>> But as I already mentioned that code is completly missing.
>>

>    I was not talking about autotuning features, which are missing as you
> pointed. Was talking
> just about changing/tuning values of some registers to increase
> reception sensitivity.
>
>   The people  of linux, seem to have increased the sensitivity by
> modifing bbp17 and disabling
> autotuning. I tried with bbp17 and for the autotuning disabled, well, we
> already have it
> implemented :) (just joking) Anyway, giving that I didn't get an
> increase of sensitivity, I think we'll
> need the help of the developers.
>
>   Well, this morning will try to increase sensitivity of those usb rum
> with a linux system, just to check
> what they say here :

That information is misleading, I remmember reading somewhere that linux rt73
had similar problems like rum but it got fixed, and is not present in
new kernels.
I think that problem originated for linux from now obsolete drivers.

On what linux version and what drivers version do you experience
similar problems
with signal sensitivity like with rum?

--
Paul