Regression: em driver in -CURRENT, "Invalid MAC address"

Ivan Voras ivoras at freebsd.org
Sat May 2 12:25:45 UTC 2009

Hi,

When I upgraded my 7-STABLE virtual machine under VirtualBox to
8-CURRENT, the em driver stopped working. VirtualBox supports three
different flavours of emulated em devices, all of which result in the
"Invalid MAC address" error and cannot be used any more.

The error was previously reported for VMWare, but since VirtualBox is as
different from VMWare as it can be, the problem is most likely in the
driver.

I can provide more information if needed, I'll be at DevSummit with the box.