Wireless,Atheros AR5008-based PCI adapter,mode 11n

Sam Leffler sam at freebsd.org
Mon Jun 22 05:16:35 UTC 2009

Áõ¿­ wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Recently I've got 802.11b/g adapter TL-WN353GD from TP-Link, based on
> Atheros AR5008 chip.It's a 802.11n NIC.
>
> I can make it work in mode 11g in stead of 11n with the FreeBSD 8.0 current.
> So,I have a question that whether there is support for 802.11n in FreeBSD
> 8.0 current yet.
> And if It support 802.11n, how can I config the parameters to make it work
> in mode 11n.
>
> Thanks,

You can trivially turn on 802.11n RX by enabling HT capabilities in the
driver (that'll give you 11n downlink transfers w/ AMPDU even).  That's
worked ever since I brought 11n support code into the tree (18 months
ago?).  11n transmit requires an 11n-aware rate control algorithm and as
far as I know noone is working on that.

	Sam