NFS - exports syntax

Brian Somers brian at Awfulhak.org
Tue Jun 16 21:55:09 UTC 2009

On Mon, 15 Jun 2009 18:46:35 +0200, "marco\.borsatino\@poste\.it" <marco.borsatino at poste.it> wrote:
> First, thank you for your help.
>

> > FreeBSD's exports implementation will only allow you to associate
> > mount options per local filesystem per remote machine, so this
> > version:
> >
> > > /usr/home        pc02 pc02
> > > /cond1 -mapall=user2 pc01 pc02
> > > /cond2 -mapall=user1 pc01 pc02
> >
> > is correct, but only if /cond1 and /cond2 are different filesystems.
> > If they're the same, this won't work.
> >

> /cond1 and /cond2 are folders under root on /dev/ad0s1a; this is the reason whi my exports does not work.

Yes.

> So should I do something like this:
> #mkdir /usr/shared/cond1
> #mkdir /usr/shared/cond2
> (this is, I think, a better choice also from different points of view).
> (exports)
> /usr/shared -alldirs pc01 pc02 (or -network 192.168.0)
> (mount for different users)
> #mount _nfs server:/usr/shared/cond1 /mnt/for-user-1
> #mount _nfs server:/usr/shared/cond2 /mnt/for-user-2
>
> But, if this sintax is correct, how can I use mapall option?

Your exports file should say:
/usr/shared/cond1 -maproot=whatever pc01
/usr/shared/cond2 -maproot=somethingelse pc02

The two entries for the same physical filesystem are fine as
long as you don't atempt to duplicate the remote host.

--
Brian Somers                                       <brian at Awfulhak.org>
Don't _EVER_ lose your sense of humour !            <brian at FreeBSD.org>