Ethernet NIC drivers depending unconditionally on INET

Bjoern A. Zeeb bz at FreeBSD.org
Fri Jun 12 18:40:08 UTC 2009

On Fri, 12 Jun 2009, Navdeep Parhar wrote:

Hi,

>>> cxgb(4)
>>> will not let you enable IFCAP_TSO6 on the interface.  It has always
>>> been disallowed as far as I can tell.
>>
>> Yes, you have it in the logic bu you define it to 0;)
>> 	#define IFCAP_TSO6 0x0
>
> Not quite.  TSO_SUPPORTED is defined and so cxgb(4) picks up the
> right values of IFCAP_TSO4 and IFCAP_TSO6.  It's just that IFCAP_TSO6
> is not in the enabled-by-default capabilities (CXGB_CAP_ENABLE), and
> cxgb_ioctl will not let you enable IFCAP_TSO6.
>
> cxgb's silicon supports TSO+IPv6, so I'm not sure why things are the
> way they are.  If the stack's tso6 works, then this is a bug in
> cxgb.

Oki, I think once this all has settled we'll be able to text it on
cxgb as well; let us get the infrastructure shaken out first.

/bz

--
Bjoern A. Zeeb                      The greatest risk is not taking one.