panic with ng_ipfw+ng_car and net.inet.ip.fw.one_pass=0

Mikolaj Golub to.my.trociny at gmail.com
Fri Jun 12 05:20:34 UTC 2009

On Fri, 5 Jun 2009 22:56:47 +0400 Oleg Bulyzhin wrote:

> On Fri, Jun 05, 2009 at 04:57:52PM +0300, Mikolaj Golub wrote:
>
>> It works for me. With the patch I has not managed to crash the system using my
>> test. Some notes:
>>
>> - only ng_ipfw/ng_car subsystem has been tested (not dummynet).
>> - my -current box is under qemu (I don't have real server running -current to
>> test this).
>>
>> If you are interesting in some testing of dummynet before commiting this to
>> current, let me know. I could try some tests but only the next week.
>
> I did some testing of dummynet though extra testing would not hurt.

I see the patch has been commited to 8-CURRENT :-). Thanks.

I did some dummy tests on "fixed" current (simple dummynet configuration +
traffic + ipfw reloaded every second) and did not have any issues. At present
I don't have old -current without fix to reproduce the crash, but on 7-STABLE
running this test I saw in dmesg many

ipfw: ouch!, skip past end of rules, denying packet

messages and one time crashed the system. So it looks like my testbase rather
good and would have found problems with fixed current if they still had had.

--
Mikolaj Golub