em driver doesn't set multicast ethernet address

iprebeg at freebsd.org iprebeg at freebsd.org
Sat Jul 11 14:18:23 UTC 2009

On Sat, Jul 11, 2009 at 02:55:40PM +0100, Bruce Simpson wrote:
> iprebeg at freebsd.org wrote:
>> I placed config in sysctl.conf and rebooted but mcastread still generates
>> IGMPv3
>> membership report. Am I missing something?
>>

> Only other thing I can think of right now:
> Are any multicast queriers/routers present on the virtual subnet?
>
> I'm tied up, so probably can't look at the sysctl in detail, until in the
> week.

There is no such. I'm implementing IGMP snooping extensions in ng_bridge
and luckily, they are based on IPv4 addresses, so I can probably
temporarly disable preliminary {multi/other}cast discrimination based on
ethernet address and stick to IPv4 until bug is fixed. In a meantime,
I'll try to figure out some different hardware configuration to make
sure this is not "feature" of VMWare, even everything worked fine until
now.