kern/124127: [msk] watchdog timeout (missed Tx interrupts) -- recovering

Pyun YongHyeon pyunyh at gmail.com
Wed Jul 8 05:10:06 UTC 2009

The following reply was made to PR kern/124127; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Pyun YongHyeon <pyunyh at gmail.com>
To: Andrew Bliznak <andriko.b at gmail.com>
Cc: bug-followup at FreeBSD.org, skylord at linkline.ru
Subject: Re: kern/124127: [msk] watchdog timeout (missed Tx interrupts) -- recovering
Date: Wed, 8 Jul 2009 14:03:58 +0900

 On Mon, Jul 06, 2009 at 11:00:09AM +0000, Andrew Bliznak wrote:
 > The following reply was made to PR kern/124127; it has been noted by GNATS.
 >
 > From: Andrew Bliznak <andriko.b at gmail.com>
 > To: bug-followup at FreeBSD.org, skylord at linkline.ru
 > Subject: Re: kern/124127: [msk] watchdog timeout (missed Tx interrupts) --
 > 	recovering
 > Date: Mon, 6 Jul 2009 13:20:12 +0300
 >
 >  Same problem with Asus P5BV-C/4L in production.

 Show me dmesg output (msk(4) and e1000phy(4) part) to see what
 controller you have. Due to the diverse Yukon controllers and their
 silicon bugs for each revision it's really hard to tell you're
 seeing the same issue of this PR. Please show me more information.

 >  I found desktop with Asus P5LD2 MB and use it for experimental setup.
 >  Three host is same gig switch, msk0 configured with vlans and
 >  ipforwarding
 >  For tests I run iperf -c 192.168.4.21 -t 60000 -w 128k -P 4 between
 >  hosts on different vlans.
 >  7.2-RELEASE kernel with if_msk* from head +patch. Need to specify
 >  ifconfig -vlanhwtag  to run without input errors,
 >  after 30 minutes card locked,  down/up interface not help, need to reboot.

 Need to know which controller you have.

 >  Next I connect disk witch Ubuntu 9.04, setup vlans, test run ok,
 >  little lover forwarding rate.
 >  After, boot again freebsd, run test. Hmm, test run ok...
 >  Reboot with stock 7.2-REL GENERIC kernel. Box running well over weekend...

 This confuse me. So you don't see issues any more?