SCTP : problems in sending ASCONF chunks

Gaurav Bhateja gaurav.bhateja at aricent.com
Thu Dec 17 07:39:44 UTC 2009

Hi Vlad,

I would really appreciate if you could help me out on this issue.

I came to know about this email ID from the link http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-net/2009-January/020683.html

I am getting error, "Operation not permitted" when setting peer primary address from server.
I am using linux version 2.6-15(client) --- 2.6.21(server)

Would there be a problem in dynamically configuring primary address using sctp options, SCTP_PRIMARY_ADDR and SCTP_SET_PEER_PRIMARY_ADDR for these linux versions?

You have suggested that its better to use linux version - 2.6-25.  (It is difficult for us to switch to these versions due to license issues)

Could you provide is any other way to solve this issue.

Regrds,
Gaurav

"DISCLAIMER: This message is proprietary to Aricent and is intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. It may contain privileged or confidential information and should not be circulated or used for any purpose other than for what it is intended. If you have received this message in error, please notify the originator immediately. If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that you are strictly prohibited from using, copying, altering, or disclosing the contents of this message. Aricent accepts no responsibility for loss or damage arising from the use of the information transmitted by this email including damage from virus."