[dummynet] Several queues connected to one pipe: "dummynet: OUCH! pipe should have been idle!"

Oleg Bulyzhin oleg at FreeBSD.org
Mon Apr 27 19:23:23 UTC 2009

On Mon, Apr 27, 2009 at 05:44:22PM +0300, Maxim Ignatenko wrote:
> 2009/4/27 Luigi Rizzo <rizzo at iet.unipi.it>:

> >>  Yes, r191201 have this problems too (it seems, i didn't updated for a
> >> long time).
> >> Now  I updated to r190864 (just before last change on ip_dummynet.c) -
> >> all works fine. Should I now check r190865?
> >
> > yes it would be great if you could identify a specific change that
> > caused the problem.
> > There is one thing particularly tricky in one of the dummynet
> > changes, because some fields changed between 32/64 bits and
> > signed/unsigned. I may have unadvertently introduced some
> > conversion bug.
> >

> On r190865 problem appeared again.
>
> > thanks a lot for the feedback
> >

> You welcome :)
>
> Thanks.

Perhaps you stepped on this:

http://docs.freebsd.org/cgi/getmsg.cgi?fetch=879027+0+archive/2009/svn-src-all/20090419.svn-src-all

You can try to change type of dn_pipe.numbytes to int64_t (instead of dn_key).
(ip_dummynet.h:341)

--
Oleg.