kern/133572: [ppp] [hang] incoming PPTP connection hangs the system

Dennis Melentyev dennis.melentyev at gmail.com
Wed Apr 15 10:50:06 UTC 2009

The following reply was made to PR kern/133572; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Dennis Melentyev <dennis.melentyev at gmail.com>
To: Max Laier <max at love2party.net>
Cc: bug-followup at freebsd.org
Subject: Re: kern/133572: [ppp] [hang] incoming PPTP connection hangs the
	system
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2009 13:27:41 +0300

 Hi Max,

 It was some hard time for me, sorry for late response.

 I did enabled KDB, DDB and WITNESS on the same sources.
 Unfortunately there was just plain hangs once some GRE was trying to
 get through (netgraph? PF? routing?)
 With these options enabled, hangs are much more often than without them.
 Once hung, no way to break into debugger, no panics, numlock not
 changing lights on keyboard, mouse not responding, hdd silent, network
 not available, nothing.

 3 different HW platforms were tried (all of them were UP+i386+32bit).
 Highest CPU temperature was 52C. No chance to go with 7.2-PRERELEASE.

 Had to downgrade to 7.1-RELEASE.

 /dennis

 2009/4/11 Max Laier <max at love2party.net>:
 > Is it possible for you to turn on WITNESS on this machine to obtain possi=
 ble
 > LORs that might be responsible for the hang? =C2=A0Also, do you have the
 > possibility to enable DDB and drop into it from the console (if it is not=
 > hard hang but a live lock)?
 >
 > --
 > =C2=A0Max

 --=20