It seems that FreeBSD-7.0 does not use the available MTU

John-Mark Gurney jmg at funkthat.com
Wed Oct 29 17:39:09 UTC 2008

Eitan Shefi wrote this message on Wed, Oct 29, 2008 at 11:34 +0200:
> This is indeed the problem, thanks.
>
> Is this a known issue with FreeBSD-7.0 ?
> I do not want to hide a potential bug in the NIC driver.

This is a known issue since I fixed the transmit code not to munge the
route's MTU so that the route's mtu field would have meaning and allow
you to have hosts w/ different MTU's on the network (I've done this in
production)...

This is definately not a bug in the NIC driver...

--
  John-Mark Gurney				Voice: +1 415 225 5579