NSupdate from CLI

Roberto de Sousa r_de_sousa at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 28 07:40:40 PDT 2008

Hi Henri,
thanks for the help. I have this script :
#!/bin/sh
IPADDR=`ifconfig em0 | grep 'inet addr:[0-9]' | tr -s " " | cut -d" " -f3 | tr -d "addr:"`
echo "update delete host1.customer. A" >> /etc/nsupdate
echo "update delete host2.customer. CNAME" >> /etc/nsupdate
echo "update add host5.customer 86400 A $IPADDR" >> /etc/nsupdate
echo "update add *.customer. 38400 CNAME ns2.customer." >> /etc/nsupdate
echo "show" >> /etc/nsupdate
echo "send" >> /etc/nsupdate
echo "" >> /etc/nsupdate
/usr/bin/nsupdate  -k Kmydns.com.+157+62440.private -d /etc/nsupdate

However, when i tried to run it, i got there messages :
root at admin# ./test2.sh
server: not found
zone: not found
update: not found
update: not found
update: not found
update: not found
show: not found
send: not found

It seem that the nsupdate things still take the value from the /etc/nsupdate even i have renamed the /etc/nsupdate to /etc/old... Do you have any clue why it still referring it?

i also have change the test2.sh to test3.sh and execute the script but i still got the above message.

Any advise will be highly appreciated.

Thank you.

Roberto

buka wainhira la hatene, buka atu hatene liu tan

abracos