does freebsd support so called Scalable I/O on intel NIC ?

Rudy crapsh at monkeybrains.net
Fri Oct 24 22:48:43 UTC 2008

Ingo Flaschberger wrote:
> Dear Bartosz,
>
>>> i am looking for a good NIC from NIC to put on our quite busy router
>>> based
>>> on freebsd 6.3 (soon 7.x)

> how "loaded" is your router?
>
> Bandwith (bbs) and Packets (pps) ?
>
> Kind regards,
>     Ingo Flaschberger

We have a 6.3-STABLE router that has worked flawlessly with our quad
port Intel card...
100 - 200Mbps with occational peaks of 500 - 600Mbps, no problem.

FYI, Our newer FreeBSD 7.0 router (with a slightly newer quad Intel Pro
PT card) has watchdog timeouts... a couple of 1 or 2 second outages a day.
Maybe 6.3 is better... any one else seeing watchdog timeouts with their emX?

How many bbs are people getting out of their boxes in production?

Rudy