Realtek 8139 with rl(4) driver -> Poor performance

Gabriel Lavoie glavoie at gmail.com
Tue Nov 18 18:09:45 PST 2008

Hum when I do my Samba transfer, there is a lot of small files (> 50 000)
and it seems at some point Samba tops at 100% CPU usage on one core. Is it
possible the rl(4) driver could be influenced by high CPU load? With the
ale(4) driver, there's no problem but the Samba transfer becomes really slow
because of the amount of files.

Gabriel

--
Gabriel Lavoie