Multiple netgraph threads

Alexander Motin mav at FreeBSD.org
Mon Mar 31 23:13:23 PDT 2008

Hi.

I have implemented a patch (for the HEAD) making netgraph to use several
own threads for event queues processing instead of using single swinet.
It should significantly improve netgraph SMP scalability on complicated
workloads that require queueing by implementation (PPTP/L2TP) or stack
size limitations. It works perfectly on my UP system, showing results
close to original or even a bit better. I have no real SMP test server
to measure real scalability, but test on HTT CPU works fine, utilizing
both virtual cores at the predictable level.

Reviews and feedbacks are welcome.

--
Alexander Motin