kern/122068: [ppp] ppp can not set the correct interface with pptpd

Bartosz Giza gizmen at blurp.pl
Thu Mar 27 04:43:57 PDT 2008

Tuesday 25 of March 2008 20:42:24 remko at freebsd.org napisał(a):
> Synopsis: [ppp] ppp can not set the correct interface with pptpd
>
> Responsible-Changed-From-To: freebsd-bugs->freebsd-net
> Responsible-Changed-By: remko
> Responsible-Changed-When: Tue Mar 25 19:42:10 UTC 2008
> Responsible-Changed-Why:
> over to maintainer group (-net)

I am having similar problem with ppp and pppoe.
I am trying to implement pppoe with ppp for windows workstations and problem
is with routing.
When first client connects via pppoe tun0 is created and everything is fine.
But when second clinet connects tun1 is created but routing to his ip is set
up via tun0. When i manually delete this routing and set it again but via
tun1 tunnel works fine.
I have spent last two weeks trying to find what is going on.
And today i found this post and i think that my problem is realated to above
bug.
Could someone tell me is there any work around(patches?) for my problem except
of downgrading to 6.x line (i am using 7.0-rel).
Or maybe there is different ppp program which should work fine.

Thanks for any help