GRE Mux

Brett Glass brett at lariat.net
Sat Mar 22 08:04:00 PDT 2008

At 04:50 PM 3/21/2008, Ermal Luçi wrote:

>ng_gif_demux does the same it shouldn't be to hard to come with
>something similar for pptp.
>If you find the time and do it please share.

If I do it, I certainly will. I'd need to work with the developers
of mpd to make sure that the two would work together. The main
disadvantage of doing this as a netgraph node rather than as a
direct kernel hack is that other PPTP implementations would not
be able to use the netgraph node without massive recoding. If it
was set up more like an ordinary UDP "listen", it would have
wider applicability and it would be easy to create a netgraph
stub for it.

--Brett Glass