"established" on { tcp or udp } rules

Freddie Cash fjwcash at gmail.com
Wed Mar 19 13:35:02 PDT 2008

Just curious if the following rule will work correctly.  It is accepted by
the ipfw command.  In the process of working out a test for it, but
thought I'd ask here as well, just to be sure.

ipfw add { tcp or udp } from me     to any 53 out xmit fxp0
ipfw add { tcp or udp } from any 53 to me     in  recv fxp0 established

Will the UDP packets go through correctly, even though "established" has
no meaning for UDP streams, and the ipfw command will barf if you use it
with just "ipfw add udp" rules?

--
Freddie Cash
fjwcash at gmail.com