too many open file descriptors messages since bind 9.4.2-P1 (port dns94)

Thomas Vogt freebsdlists at bsdunix.ch
Thu Jul 17 06:52:19 UTC 2008

Hello
Am 15.07.2008 um 22:59 schrieb JINMEI Tatuya / 神明達哉:

>>> How many sockets is named actually using while it makes this log
>>> message?  Try, e.g,
>>> % sockstat | grep named | wc -l
>>
>> Not that many:
>> sockstat | grep named | wc -l
>>      996
>
> Ah, it's actually quite a lot in this context:-)
>
> If that's regularly happening, I'm afraid recent P1 versions don't
> handle that well, and recommend you try 9.4.3b2 ore 9.5.1b1.

I installed 9.4.3b2. I haven't seen any "too many open file
descriptors" messages so far.

"sockstat | grep named | wc -l" shows me much less listen bind
versions. During the whole night and at this early time in the morning
we just have 40-150 open binds.  Maybe all our customers are enjoying
their summer hollydays or 9.4.3b2 handels it much better.

Regads,
Thomas