Route messages

Bjoern A. Zeeb bz at FreeBSD.org
Tue Jul 1 09:14:01 UTC 2008

On Tue, 1 Jul 2008, Andre Oppermann wrote:

Hi,

> Mike Tancsa wrote:
>> I am thinking
>>
>> http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/cvs-src/2008-April/090303.html
>> is the commit ? If I revert to the prev version, the issue goes away.

Ha, I finally know why I ended up on Cc: of a thread I had no idea
about. Someone could have told me instead of blindly adding me;-)

> Yes, this change doesn't look right.  It should only do the route
> lookup in ip_input.c when there was an EMSGSIZE error returned by
> ip_output().  The rtalloc_ign() call causes the message to be sent
> because it always sets report to one.  The default message is RTM_MISS.
>
> I'll try to prep an updated patch which doesn't have these issues later
> today.

Yeah my bad. Sorry.

If you do that, do not do an extra route lookup if possible, correct
the rtalloc call. Thanks.

Bjoern

--
Bjoern A. Zeeb              Stop bit received. Insert coin for new game.