How to reinitialize an interface

Tony Coon coont at mac.com
Thu Feb 21 19:56:31 UTC 2008

I am looking for a way to flush IP addresses, particularly IPv6, from
an interface and have it repeat the initialization process that the
interface goes through on boot, including IPv6  autoconfig.  The
"service network restart" in Linux seems to do this.

I have tried network_ipv6, netif, ifconfig and a few odd and ends
from Google, but no joy so far.

This is just for testing,  rebooting between test cases is getting a
bit tedious.  freeBSD is 6.2.

cheers,
Tony

---
Tony Coon
coont at mac.com

"No amount of careful planning will ever replace dumb luck"