kernel network

Julian Elischer julian at elischer.org
Tue Dec 30 18:58:26 UTC 2008

Ferner Cilloniz wrote:
> Guys,
>
> I do not think I could ever be more tired of this topic but I cannot
> seem to understand what to do. I have tried more about a month now to
> send arbitrary UDP packets from a kernel module but cannot achieve it. I
> have looked at udp_send but found that building a socket* was much to
> tedious. Later i looked at in-kernel webservers
> (http://openketa.sourceforge.net/) but could not find anything useful.
>
> Netgraph is a possibility, but there isn't any documentation on
> accessing the network from kernel space.
>
> What do you all suggest?

where are your packets supposed to come from?

I think I asked you this before so sorry if you answered
it and I have forgotten.

i.e. what is in them?

start with /usr/src/sys/netgraph/ng_sample.c and ng_source.c

and make a nolde that generates teh packets you want to send,
and then attach it to an ng_ksocket node.. end of job