A new tool for low level testing...

George Nevill-Neil gnn at neville-neil.com
Sun Dec 28 17:30:36 UTC 2008

On Dec 24, 2008, at 2:43 PM, Julian Elischer wrote:

> Luigi Rizzo wrote:

>>> what about a netgraph cookbook?
>> indeed, that would be a nice Xmas present!
>> cheers
>> luigi
>

> I'm curious, what sort of things would you expect to see in such a
> document?  Maybe we could get everyone to contribute their favourite
> netgraph recipes (scripts?).

I have often thought of updating the docs I've found but as usual
$paidwork gets in the way.  I may be about
to use netgraph at work so I might be able to help with this.  The
things that I find to be missing in the current
netgraph documentation are:

1) Developers Guide

How do I write new nodes?  Walk through a non trivial node step by step.

2) Updated overall use guide

I've found a few docs on netgraph on the net, but I bet most people
are still looking
at Archie Cobb's old document and it's out of date.

3) Recipes

Sure, a fine idea, but it's not the first thing I need.

Best,
George