kern/119432: [arp] route add -host <host> -iface <nic> causes arp entry with nic's arp address [regression]

Axel Scheepers axel at axel.truedestiny.net
Tue Dec 23 08:10:03 PST 2008

The following reply was made to PR kern/119432; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Axel Scheepers <axel at axel.truedestiny.net>
To: bug-followup at FreeBSD.org, axel at axel.truedestiny.net
Subject: Re: kern/119432: [arp] route add -host &lt;host&gt; -iface
 &lt;nic&gt; causes arp entry with nic's arp address [regression]
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2008 17:01:52 +0100

 --=-DJi/6GyJxBE0ge5Iv6Kh

 Hi,

 I had to replace the box in question with a real router due to hardware
 failure. I think using route add -net host -netmask 255.255.255.255
 -interface ip-address-on-egress-interface will actually work but I'm
 still pretty sure -iface used to work on 4.x.

 I also found a PR which might be related, 121437.
 'Routing to layer-2 address does not work on VLAN interface'

 I'll try to install freebsd on a spare machine to see if using -net
 -netmask -interface actually does work.

 Kind regards,

 Axel Scheepers
 --=20
 ()  ascii ribbon campaign - against html e-mail=20

 --=-DJi/6GyJxBE0ge5Iv6Kh

 --=-DJi/6GyJxBE0ge5Iv6Kh--