ng_bridge + ng_ksocket

Nikos Vassiliadis nvass at teledomenet.gr
Fri Dec 12 06:13:26 PST 2008

On Friday 12 December 2008 15:38:42 Alexander Motin wrote:
> You need some daemon to handle any additional logic. One simple example
> I have send to you. Another one is MPD, implementing L2TP and
> PPP-over-UDP links. Mpd opens separate UDP socket in user-level which
> catches everything that wasn't caught by existing connected sockets in
> netgraph and dynamically creates and connects additional UDP sockets in
> netgraph to handle this traffic.

Yes, that's what I meant. If you would consider the possibility
of adding L2 over UDP functionality to MPD. I am asking this,
since you've already done things like this for MPD and I suspect
that there are some bits already in place. Of course a simple
"I don't want to" or "no time" would be a fine answer:)

OTOH you could also say that ethernet over UDP is conceptually
unrelated to PPP, which is what MPD does.

Nikos