strange problem with ifconfig alias

Vyacheslav Bocharov adeepv at gmail.com
Thu Dec 11 06:56:32 PST 2008

Hello.
I have strange problem with ifconfig: I can't add ip address to interface:

root at chip# route get 195.3.245.xx
   route to: 195.3.245.xx
destination: default
       mask: default
    gateway: gadget
  interface: vlan10
      flags: <UP,GATEWAY,DONE,STATIC>
 recvpipe  sendpipe  ssthresh  rtt,msec    rttvar  hopcount      mtu
expire
       0         0         0         0         0         0      1500
0

root at chip# ifconfig |grep 195.3.245.
root at chip#

root at chip# ifconfig em1 alias 195.3.245.xx/30
ifconfig: ioctl (SIOCAIFADDR): File exists

root at chip# route get 195.3.245.xx
   route to: 195.3.245.xx
destination: 195.3.245.xx-1
       mask: 255.255.255.252
  interface: em1
      flags: <UP,DONE,CLONING>
 recvpipe  sendpipe  ssthresh  rtt,msec    rttvar  hopcount      mtu
expire
       0         0         0         0         0         0      1500
-3

root at chip# ifconfig em1 |grep 195.3.245.
root at chip#

--
Vyacheslav Bocharov