ng_bridge + ng_ksocket

Nikos Vassiliadis nvass at teledomenet.gr
Thu Dec 11 03:10:34 PST 2008

Hello,

 I would like to create an ethernet over UDP tunnel. For my
purposes, using ng_bridge and ng_ksocket seem fine. The
problem is that the peer address/port is not known, since
it will be behind a NAT device and will have a dynamically
assigned IP address. In userspace I would use something like
recvfrom() to get the peer address. I don't know what to do
for ngctl and ng_ksocket. Any suggestions? Is this doable?
Is there something I can do to circumvent the problem?

Thanks in advance, Nikos